Many things about this year have sucked, but I decided to engage my (occasionally) sunny disposition and try to accentuate the positive. Here goes:
1. Went back to school to study psychology.
2. Adopted a beautiful dog named Charlotte.
3. Became a matchmaker with Friend of a Friend Matchmaking. (!!!)
4. Got an article accepted into the American Journal of Occupational Therapy.
5. Spoke at Ryerson, University of Guelph and University of Toronto about sexuality, health care, and disability, and ran workshops/panels at lots of other places, too!
6. Aced my health psychology course.
7. Went to cottages, music festivals, destination weddings, and lots of family visits.
8. Met and hung out with my favourite drag queen ever: Katya!
9. Did a lot of healing AND accepting of things I can’t change about my health/disability.
10. Saw BEYONCE!
11. Put together a sexuality conference.
12. Basically lived in a non-stop cuddle puddle with my dog, my cat, and my partner.
13. Continued to explore storytelling, radio/podcasting, and writing.
14. Celebrated the anniversaries of my stroke and my engagement, which were both happy.
15. Read a fuckton of books.